Old 13-05-2007, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default Potato in a bucket comp

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 12 May, 22:40, "CWatters"
wrote:
Just been entered in a village competition to grow as many potatoes as
possible (by weight) in a bucket from one seed potatoe. I've never even
grown pots before so anyone got any tips?

Need to add drainage holes?
How deep to plant it in the bucket?
What compost etc?
Secret tips?

I forgot!!! Don't plant an ordinary spud, those you eat and buy from
shops, but get yourself a spud seed. I'm not sure if you can just buy
one. It's a bit late for spud but that would be my best tip !

Bucket and seed pot supplied by organisors. Opening in Sepember so we have
time to catch up.