Old 13-05-2007, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Rain

On 13/5/07 12:18, in article , "Robert"
wrote:

In message , "Robert
(Plymouth)" writes
::
:: It's already here and absolutely pouring down. Glad I'm not on
:: Dartmoor
::
::
: Ye gods, the Ten Tors! I'd completely forgotten about it - those
: poor kids will be miserable. Ray reckons this weather happens almost
: every year at this time. Next week we're setting up for the County
: Show and I recall that last year, it absolutely poured down. Today
: is terrible, hammering rain but at least the wind has died down a bit.
: That's another thing that seems to be a yearly occurrence - high
: winds just as hanging baskets are ready to go out.

Yes it's been abandoned, not surprising considering this rain. I haven't
seen rain like this for many years

Just easing here to the east of Torquay, the cloud has now lifted so I
can see the moor, 30 minutes ago I could not see the bottom of the
garden. Whilst I have seen heavier rain here it has always been for
quite limited periods whereas this was for several hours - the recently
cleared guttering and the surface water drains at the front of the
property could not cope but at least it has refilled the pond.

My better half is has been doing a fund raising walk in Torbay for
Cancer Research this morning (as a prelude next weekend's Moon Walk) and
will undoubtedly be in need of a large tot of something warming when she
gets home.

The sun is just coming out here, though there are clouds around. And we're
off out to lunch - lovely! ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk