Old 13-05-2007, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Asparagus question

"David (Normandy)" writes
I planted some asparagus crowns last year, and this year they are growing
very well. However, the fronds are around 5 feet high and swaying terribly
in the wind. Will this damage the roots? Should they be staked somehow or
cut back a little?

The crowns will be a good 6inches to a foot below ground, so you've got
that much support from the soil. I wouldn't have thought there'd be a
problem unless the fronds are moving around enough to widen the hole in
the soil.
--
Kay