Old 13-05-2007, 05:19 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
John John is offline

Default Dead Goldfish

Soil/silt on bottom of pond - cleaned out last year. Water still
cloudy from extracting leaves, blanket weed etc.
Does it need cleaning out regularly - some fishponds seem to go on for
ever without cleaning.
Lots of pondweed plants etc.

John

On May 11, 4:43 pm, wrote:
black is almost always toxic water, like if they sat down on mulm that
had a lot of H2S coming out. is the pond clean on the bottom?
black spots are a sign of disease transmitted by snails.
If you got em right away take a look at the gills. dark gills = toxic
water.
Ingrid

On Thu, 10 May 2007 06:32:32 CST, John

wrote:
Just found 2 dead goldfish in my pond - black discolouring on their
undersides.
Can anyone help diagnose and say whether I need to do anything to the
pond please?- Hide quoted text -