Old 29-03-2003, 05:08 AM
John S. DeBoo

Default glads.

zhanataya wrote:

snip

The "hardy" glads do produce smaller blooms and on shorter stalks.
The planting depth for the larger gladiolus corms is anywhere from 3
to 6" depending on the size of the corms. Larger deeper, smaller
shallower. The corms need a winter rest with enough coolness (35 to
50 degrees). In Albuquerque don't you get most of your rainfall in
the winter months, plus the snow. If it were me I'd be afraid they'd
rot if left in the ground.

Sure do, its been raining ans snowing off and on for several weeks now. We're supposed to get a good freeze on tonight. Summers
are in the mid to upper 90's with lows in the 70's. I think I'll plant them about 6" deep when it gets a bit warmer and dig them
out in the fall. Worst it can cause is some extra digging but at least the corms will be healthy for next year.

--
John S. DeBoo