Old 13-05-2007, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Seed compost recommendation

"Peter Fairbrother" wrote
I have been using J Arthur Bower's John Innes seed compost, and I don't
like
it much - the peat is not sieved, and it doesn't seem to drain properly.

I only use about 5 to 10 litres of seed compost per year, so within reason
cost isn't an issue - can anyone recommend something better, for general
use?

Next years seedlings will thank you! , as do I,

I always use Levingtons Multipurpose, when I have used something else I've
experienced worse germination etc. I sieve the stuff that goes over the
seeds not what is underneath.

--
Regards
Bob H