Old 13-05-2007, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Hello from a keen newbie in Oxford

"K" wrote in message
David Rance writes
On Sun, 13 May 2007 Kimmer-in-Oxford wrote:

In the last 2 night something ate all my lettuce I can't imagine
how slugs could do that much damage so must be something bigger.
Hmpf.

Probably is slugs. They can do an incredible amount of damage for their
size.

I've been watching my slugs fairly closely recently ;-(
An individual slug doesn't do that much damage in a night. It's the sheer
numbers that do the damage - you're not usually talking about the odd
slug, you're talking about dozens.
--

If you turn up early enough, you find something like this-

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture034.jpg

Steve