Old 29-03-2003, 05:08 AM
Tom C

Default cause of yellow or brown lawn

Yes I agree you should water a new lawn frequently when first put in I
water everyday on a system for 15 minutes twice a day.Although I also have a
lot of gardens

"Lou Minatti" wrote in message
om...
(Lil) wrote in message

om...
Hi!

Our lawn is yellow or brown, not green like many of our neighbors.
What is the cause of this?

Before you do anything absurd (like ripping out your lawn), I
recommend that you simply go buy a nice big bag of Ironite and put it
down. Grass lawns (in fact, MANY plants) do suffer from chlorosis if
they are overwatered, especially with tapwater. I'll bet a $10 bag of
Ironite will solve your problem.

Ironite is good stuff. It doesn't burn, so you don't have to worry
about over-applying it. I'm a big fan of Ironite, and no, I don't work
for them!

That should solve the yellow problem. The brown problem? Those
portions are dead. Could be bugs eating the grass, could be a disease,
could be something as simple as your dog peeing on the same spot every
day.