Old 14-05-2007, 06:00 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default Propane weed burner question

"Jack S" wrote in message
ink.net...
I've got a rock "lawn" and I would like to quit using herbicide for
killing weeds, and try scorching them instead.

There are a lot of weed / roofing torches on ebay and I was wondering if
there is anything to choose for or against in buying one. The one I'm
leaning toward getting says: "3000+ Fahrenheit" - that's enough, right?

Thanks

Went to the feed store in town today. Clerk recommended 20% acid vinegar.
She warned it only lasts about 2 months. Then the weeds come back again.

Vinegar in grocery store is typically 5% acid.
Dave