Old 14-05-2007, 03:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Dead Goldfish

in nature the only ponds that "live forever" have a river running thru
them. all other ponds silt up, become a swamp and eventually good
rich bottom land for farming.
our little ponds need to be cleaned out OR, there needs to be a strong
pump that removes the mulm and deposits it into a veggie filter. a
pond that collects a lot of leaves wont keep up even with a veggie
filter. we have a smallish pond under the window at our dacha and it
has to be totally cleaned out every spring. Ingrid

On Sun, 13 May 2007 10:19:28 CST, John
wrote:
Soil/silt on bottom of pond - cleaned out last year. Water still
cloudy from extracting leaves, blanket weed etc.
Does it need cleaning out regularly - some fishponds seem to go on for
ever without cleaning.
Lots of pondweed plants etc.