Old 14-05-2007, 08:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] tiwen000@yahoo.com is offline

Default Question about mulching.

On May 14, 3:12 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On May 14, 1:42 pm, wrote:
I am living in eastern Ontario area. Is red cedar mulching good for
this area? For backyard mulching, what may be the best, to prevent
pest and other drawbacks?

I mean I wish I could do the following in an area 10x8 feet:

Weed control , then Moisture retention, then Soil improvement, then
Beautification of the yeard ...

Thanks for any hint.

Got a bag attachment for your mower? Grass clippings will take care of
moisture and soil improvement. Your hands will take care of weed control.
Beautification - depends on whether you like the beige color of dried grass.

Thanks. But my grass is full of weeds now, and I have to clean the
weeds first. The grass clips may not be good.

Do you think 8x10 a big area? To me, now it is so big, what do you
think of it? I am not handy.