Old 29-03-2003, 06:32 AM
jammer

Default Caladium bulbs

On 28 Mar 2003 20:58:56 -0800, (Lou Minatti)
wrote:

jammer wrote in message . ..
Good grief. The packages say to plant the bulbs "knobby side up".

As opposed to what??? ! They are "knobby" all over!! Does it
matter?????

You're not the only one who can't figure out which side is "up". I've
been planting caladiums for 10 years now, and for the past 9 years I
pretty much just stick 'em in the ground and leave them alone to do
their stuff. Seems to work.

Thank you so much for that! Haha! I thought, wow, one response about a
smooth side and a root side, that usually means that there is no other
answer. I went and studied the remaining bulbs for pieces of root and
i would say they are everywhere. If i find growth is that roots or
plant? I'll wait a week and dig them up and see how they are doing,
maybe turn them around.
jammer