Old 15-05-2007, 05:20 PM
spikeyLizard spikeyLizard is offline
Registered User

Default New to this, lol jade plants/money trees ect and more

Hi everyone!

i looked at the suggestions/rules a little, it said it would be a good idea to "introduce" myself but this forum is set out very differently to others i use and i didnt know where to post, so, this is the place i chose and im sorry if im wrong!

a litttle backround, im 26, and ive lived in villages, and in houses full of plants for ...well most of my life, ive had a few, i know little but i seem to manage not to kill many plants, but i wouldnt mind learning a thing or two as i plan to have a nice variety of plants in the near future!

my question though is about money tree's...or jade plants if thats the right name, little succulents....all i know is, apparantly they grow on hills in hot places, they are similar to cactus...cactai, and they are really nice plants...although a little "brittle" lol! they dont like a lot of water...at all, and thats all i do know!

my little plant....was a leaf i took from someone elses plant and just stuck it in the soil....which at the time was literally just the rubbish in the garden........recently i re potted it into a small pot with "compost" from a bag....originally bought for tomato's. ....... but, because i dont water it ...much at all maybe 1 or 2 times a week.....the soil is dry ish...and the plant looks like it will topple over! its very young still only 10 leaves, it gets a good dose of sun as its sat on the window sill and the sun hits it....for a while a day but not midday sun.

do these plants require a certain type of soil? say one with pete in it? or maybe some other type? also at the bottom of the pot i put a little bit of smashed up terracotta plant pot....for drainage

any suggestions welcome also on other plants....i have a few spider plants, a mother in laws tongue, a nice aloe plant.....and well thats about it!

THANK you if you read all the way through this