Old 15-05-2007, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Buderschnookie[_2_] Buderschnookie[_2_] is offline

Default Question about mulching.

wrote in message

Birds may be my concerns in the future, because I have planted some
crap-apple trees. And also I guess I have to mind my shoes that could
bring in weed seeds. Is there an easier way to avoid some of the weed
spreading?

If you garden you have to deal with weeds- there is no way to eliminate them
entirely. Don't obsess over them

Also talking about insects, I wish I could have a control over them,
say, mosquitos, etc., if they like the red cedars?

You don't have any more control over insects than you do weeds. Insects are
largely beneficial anyway, so wait until you jhave a specific problem before
you worry about exterminating any of them. And even then I leave them alone-
nature will *always* find it's own balance.

--
Toni
South Florida USA