Old 15-05-2007, 03:58 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default fire ants! Argh! Best treatment method?

On 15 May 2007 07:32:07 -0700 in . com Hey, It's Me! wrote:
I've got fire ants. Who doesn't, right?
I've noticed more mounds after our most recent rains. So....what's
the best way to get rid of these, and to help prevent future mounds
from appearing? I know I won't get rid of all of them, all the time,
but I'd like to keep them at bay as much as possible.

Any (sensible) suggestions?

You won't achieve 100% eradication unless you only have one mound.

I'd suggest a two step as mentioned at fireant.tamu.edu.
Apply a broadcast bait to the yard.
Use a mound treatment on the mounds.

Thanks!

--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up