Old 15-05-2007, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Slug devastation

On 15/5/07 15:05, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"John E" wrote in message

snip
I have seen a lot of suggestions to destroy slugs. One which seems to be
very effective and also non-toxic (to humans and other wildlife) is
Nemaslug - which is essentially a culture of nematodes which attack slugs.
I cannot personally vouch for it, and would be interested to see any other
posts from people who have used it, but the article which I read which
referred to it, claimed it was 100% effective.

(You have to keep it in the fridge until used)

http://www.greengardener.co.uk/slug.htm

But, I understand it is expensive!

So is losing all your veg and having to buy it in all through the year. And
a lot of people who grow their veg want to be organic, so having to buy
organic veg all year will cost them even more.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk