Old 15-05-2007, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\) Robert \(Plymouth\) is offline

Default winter onions

Alan McKenzie wrote:
: I planted some over winter onoins around october of last year for the
: first time.
: How do I know when they are ready to harvest as I understand that
: they are expected to be quite small?
: Do they like onions ready in august have their leaves turn yellow and
: drop? Or is there any other indication.
:
: Many thanks for your advice in advance.
:
: Alan
:
: 10 mile north of Portsmouth

They are roughly the same size as summer onions, only they are ready
earlier. Mine are about ready now and I pick them as required even if they
are still growing