Old 16-05-2007, 06:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
Curly Sue Curly Sue is offline

Default I'm about to eviscerate a lot of squirrels if I can't get some help.

On Tue, 15 May 2007 02:13:49 GMT, "Gloria"
wrote:

Squirrels dig up lots of stuff just to see if it's something they want.
They are attracted to freshly disturbed soil thinking that they have found
the cache of another animal to rob from. They're nasty, devious destructive
pests.

And so cute! I've also noticed that they dig up where I've recently
planted. I solved the problem of their digging up my flower
containers by placing plenty of rocks around the plants when I arrange
them. The rocks also help hold in moisture (the containers are cement
and dry out quickly).

Sue(tm)