Old 16-05-2007, 07:43 AM posted to aus.gardens
bassett bassett is offline

Default Incorrect fuel - 2 stroke mower.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello, My partner put regular unleaded fuel in my 2 stroke mower and
now we can't get it to start.
We have drained the fuel and replaced it with fresh 25:1 mix. and
turned the fuel off and given it a few turns, but it still wont
seemnto start. any suggestions.... TIA

Does the motor still turn over, I would have thought without OIL the
thing would have seized up solid. If the motor does still turn
over, remove the spark plug, and add a small amount of motor oil, then
turn the cutter blades, with the spark plug still out, until the motor
turns over freely, then add a bit of petrol through the spark plug
hole, replace the cooked spark plug with a new one, [champion CJ 8, or
simmer] say a prayer, and see if the thing fires up.

If however the thing is solid, and will not turn,, Mount the thing in
concrete in the back garden as a monument to your partners stupidity

bassett