Old 16-05-2007, 06:40 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Peter B Peter B is offline

Default Malvaceae s.l.

Thanks for the replies. I take the points. Semantics aside, I agree that a
person is entitled to certain views, but this is a scientific matter. As
such it can be discussed in the appropriate learned journals. I do not
know the book in question, but if it is for the general public, defining new
taxa and, as a result having to put names to them, will create confusion. I
do realise that this area is a minefield, and I am sure that I not alone in
having problems keeping up with the name changes. Some people seem to want
to make life more of a struggle than it need be.

Peter