Old 16-05-2007, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³ ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°³ is offline

Default Theft of window boxes

On Wed, 16 May 2007 14:29:26 +0100, "Tom"
wrote and included this (or some of
this):

madgardener wrote:
I heard of
a woman who had a very impressive garden that was accessible to people
slipping into and stealing the crops. She stopped the thefts cold by
placing a very readable sign in the garden that stated simply that
there was ONE row of contaminated and poisoned plants growing

Which reminds me of an old joke about a pumpkin farmer who was suffering
similar thefts who left a sign saying "I have poisoned 5 of these pumpkins"
only to find the next day that the thief had left his own sign saying "and I
have poisoned 8"

And the chap who put a sign near his pint in a bar while he popped out
for a pit-stop. "I've spit in this pint"

He comes back to see an added note "So have I"

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³