Old 16-05-2007, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Slug devastation

On 16/5/07 17:15, in article ,
"Alan Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 15/5/07 15:05, in article ,
"Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"John E" wrote in message

snip
I have seen a lot of suggestions to destroy slugs. One which seems to be
very effective and also non-toxic (to humans and other wildlife) is
Nemaslug - which is essentially a culture of nematodes which attack
slugs.
I cannot personally vouch for it, and would be interested to see any
other
posts from people who have used it, but the article which I read which
referred to it, claimed it was 100% effective.

(You have to keep it in the fridge until used)

http://www.greengardener.co.uk/slug.htm

But, I understand it is expensive!

So is losing all your veg and having to buy it in all through the year.
And
a lot of people who grow their veg want to be organic, so having to buy
organic veg all year will cost them even more.

Slug pellets are very much cheaper and will kill as many slugs as the
Nemaslug.

But they are not organic, Alan. As I said, a lot of people growing veg who
are urglers, prefer to grow organically for sound reasons.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk