Old 16-05-2007, 11:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] crutnacker@gmail.com is offline

Default Longer weed like grass growing through our lawn.

Our new lawn has lots of weeds that are sprouting up in it that look
like grass only they grow at a much faster rate. My father in law
said it was Timothy grass, but I'm not sure. I sprayed a weed and
feed on my lawn and it killed the clover and dandelions, but this
stuff persists. Is there anyway to kill this stuff or keep it from
growing?

It looks like the type of weeds you'd see growing in a hay field.
Last year, when a section got really high, it had what looked like
wheat at the top of it (those little light brown berry shaped things
that hang from tall grasses).