Old 16-05-2007, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default olive tree - olea europaea - Winter hardy in UK?

On 16/5/07 20:57, in article ,
"David (Normandy)" wrote:

Olives striaght off the tree are vile and inedible, but I'm sure you
knew
that ;-)

Gill M

I didn't! I've never had an olive tree before. What makes them edible?

David.

The whole process of preserving them. Ray tried one off our olive trees
last year, despite my warnings and I wish I'd had a camera handy to record
his face!

--
Sacha

Do you keep your trees outdoors or indoors over Winter?

David.

Indoors but only frost free, not heated for growth. We're too close to
Dartmoor to risk outdoors. And much, much too wet. They're flowering now
and the almond trees have fruit on them, too. This is going to be a very
interesting year.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk