Old 17-05-2007, 06:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Brian Watson Brian Watson is offline

Default cherry tree question

"Lynn" wrote in message

We used to have this beautiful cherry tree at my grandmothers when we were
growing up that most of us kids could climb at the same time and had the
very best cherries for making pies then it got black (something??)
Now that I have my place I have been dreaming of having my own cherry tree
but have no idea what kind is best, does it need a mate ( like blueberries
bushes), etc?
and how long does it take to bear fruit usually? say 5-10 years growth?
--
Lynn ---5b canada's east

Buy a fairly mature tree and plant it early and you will get fruit the same
year, or the next.

Suggest you start by seeing what is locally available, then read up on them
as to what'll give you what you want.

--
Brian