Old 17-05-2007, 01:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] al@orchidexchange.com is offline

Default Paph kolopakingii var alba?

On May 16, 10:16 pm, "Ray B" wrote:
I believe the preference is simply one of those "different strokes" things.

I also believe that none of us here would give a rodent's patoot if you HAD
held out for the many-multiplier payment level; I only know I would not have
been in the mix. I probably would have bee jealous, though (of your
situation, not the buyer's).

--

Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids -www.firstrays.com

At least one person would have cared if I had held out a bit
longer...if you count me then two. ...but its done.

People always ask me to point out the most valuable or expensive plant
in my greenhouse. It was intersting to watch the customers walk
though over the weekend. Nobody really noiced it sitting there. A
few real collectors (people who come in often and have a varity of
different plants numbering above 50) or so, didn't even seem that
interested. One of the guys kind of wondered away while I was telling
him what I thought it was and how unusual it was; he left happy with a
budded division of Bulbophyllum trigonosepalum 'Doggy Doo' CHM/AOS
which I promised him smelled like dog crap. (I couldn't find this CHM
in wildcat)