Old 17-05-2007, 02:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Friar Donk Friar Donk is offline

Default Too Wet to Plant?

On Thu, 17 May 2007 10:33:49 -0230, cloud dreamer wrote:

Friar Donk wrote:

Hard to say without knowing how much rain is falling. What has fallen
and what is forecast?

So far about 10mm of rain has fallen in two days, with 30mm expected over
the next five (about 5mm per day, off and on).

The actual forecast is he

http://www.theweathernetwork.ca/feat...s/CANS0164.htm

Also, some plants don't need the frost free date to plant. Stuff like
carrots can go into the ground the moment you can work the soil. Which
is especially important for carrots cause they need a long season (and
can stay in the ground until it snows).

I have some carrots, spinach, lettuce and peas happily growing as I
planted them a few weeks ago, but I try to stagger plantings so I have a
continuous supply.

Zone 5b in Canada's Far East.

Hm. Looks like you're in my neighborhood, perhaps a little farther north.

--
The Good Friar