Old 17-05-2007, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Howard Haigh Howard Haigh is offline

Default Hanging baskets brackets for lamposts

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hullo all.

Just about to embark upon a project in our little street, making
hanging baskets but I can't find the brackets for the lamposts so that
I can hang the baskets. I would have beleived that it's easy to find.
Never thought it would be so hard. I have a *very* limited budget -
doing 7 baskets, need plants, soil, liners etc. Looking for best
prices but can't get hold of these brackets! Ideally I'm looking for
those ring types, like a collar but not drilling into the post. I
don't think I'm allowed to do that....

Any ideas on how I could hang these baskets are very welcomed. Coat
hangers, wires ... etc. please help!

Do the posts taper inwards slightly on the way up? I haven't ever seen it
done so I don't know if it would work but perhaps you could try a
conventional wall bracket and secure that with long (and sturdy) cable ties
though you might have to link a couple together to achieve the desired
circumference. Experiment due?