Old 17-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Rachel Aitch Rachel Aitch is offline
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Do slug pellets (or poisoned slugs) harm wildlife?
--
David
I thought they were designed to strip off the slimy coating, rather than poison the slugs/snails?

I'm glad to hear that a light scatter of blue (cheap) pellets won't hurt the hedgehogs, but I'd like to know if the blue pellets are harmful to newts, as I have a lot of them and would like to keep them.

Also, related question, ant powder seems to kill woodlice, does ant powder harm newts? Or frogs?

Please, someone, respond: I'm beginning to feel like the Phantom Thread-Killer!
www.Rachel-The-Gardener.co.uk (still building website, don't expect too much!)
Jobbing Gardener, South Oxfordshire
Living Willow Sculptures and Plant Sales