Old 17-05-2007, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Hanging baskets brackets for lamposts

On 17 May, 18:18, "Howard Haigh" hh001c7439@$NOSPAMPLEASE
$blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Do the posts taper inwards slightly on the way up? I haven't ever seen it
done so I don't know if it would work but perhaps you could try a
conventional wall bracket and secure that with long (and sturdy) cable ties
though you might have to link a couple together to achieve the desired
circumference. Experiment due?

It's a good idea - I could put two wall brackets one on each side and
fix them together with cable ties. I'll experiment - I have until the
28th. Thanks a lot Howard. Any more ideas please chaps and
chappettes!!