Old 17-05-2007, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default Pigeons as a catch crop

"steve auvache" wrote in message

After years of waging a losing war of attrition against certain militant
aspects of The Woodland Alliance I have decided to take another tack and
consider a different approach, namely that mentioned in the subject
line. This raises a number of questions:-

1) Should it be done on a cut and come again basis or would a single
destructive harvest be better?

2) Given either or both of the above apply, when would be the best time
of year to take my harvest in terms of both flavour and total quantity
of crop?

3) What should I specifically not protect and thus allow them to eat in
order to achieve the above?

I would love to know how to catch the beggars, or do you kill them without
catching them?