Old 17-05-2007, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Walk around my plot

On 17/5/07 23:07, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:
snip
The smell from Carnations and Pinks grown "hard" on the plot is wonderful,
even the none smelly ones from a florist get their full scent back if you
are able to propagate them.
Good luck and welcome to retirement.

AHA! That's something we can send you, Bob, if we haven't already! I've
lost track. Ray has a plant, bred by someone else whose name I forget - Ray
will remind me. It's a pink called Green Lanes, which never went into
commercial production because its stems are pretty short. But it has a
scent that I think is incomparable. If R has some going spare, I'll send
you a couple. I absolutely love pinks, even though they're unfashionable
these days.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk