Old 18-05-2007, 01:03 PM
skrammer skrammer is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherwindu View Post
I kind of figured it would affect my electric bill, but a recent increase from
ComEd
in the Chicago area has made it more evident that raising plants from seeds can
be
very costly. For about one month, I had two double flourecent shop lights and
about
six small heating pads going to germinate my seeds. My electric bill almost
doubled.
Guess there is no way around it, but makes one think twice about growing veggies

and flowers from seed.

Sherwin D.
My gues is the cost is mostly because of the heating pads, the fluourescent lights are very cheap on electricity. I used to start off seedlings in my garage and had about 20 lights going. It cost, but not much.