Old 18-05-2007, 01:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Novice Advice

"TheRegit" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a yard and some flower beds that are getting over taken by
weeds. I live in Northern Michigan and have to be honest and say that
I have neglected my yard the past few summers. Well know I really
want to clean it up so my family can enjoy it, however I really have
no idea how to do it? I have tried some week killer's like RoundUp
and tried spraying a more concentrated week killer with no success. I
have even tried weed killing fertilizer. My question is should I just
dig up the flower beds in my yard that are overridden with weeds and
start from scratch, or is there a way to kill them?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Derek

What the other two people have said is useful. Meanwhile, if you have
children, you need to stop using chemicals around the yard.