Old 18-05-2007, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_1_] Rod[_1_] is offline

Default Walk around my plot

"Russel Sprout" wrote in message

"Rod" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just took a few photos this morning while the ground was too wet
for
any gardening - I want to dig the last of the new deep beds I've
been
preparing. Photos at

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/rodsgarden/Rod's%20plot01/page1.htm

No captions, they are mostly self explanatory. The big cage is a
legacy from when shoots were held on the Estate and pheasants were
reared just over the wall.

Man, that's bordering on industry, not gardening.

Like I said, we like our veg ;-)
Q. Do you really need all that iron-work and plasic?

The big cage is a legacy from when gardening here was like gardening
in a b****y big fowl pen - however it does protect from pigeons.
Eventually though I aim to have all of the brassicas under enviromesh
to protect against cabbage root fly, aphids and caterpillars.
It's also impossible to grow decent carrots here without protection
from carrot fly.

--
Rod

My real address is rodthegardeneratmyisp