Old 18-05-2007, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default urg & Chelsea?

On 18 May, 12:12, Sacha wrote:
On 18/5/07 12:00, in article
, "Kate Morgan"

wrote:
Why don't we have our own on-line flower/garden show ?
We could submit photo`s or a web site of our gardens and hopefully find
someone to judge them.

kate

It's an interesting idea but I don't know if photos would show gardens well
enough. Do we show to RHS standards (!) or do we just ask someone impartial
to say which is best. And then, by what criteria? The web ring has photos
of urglers' gardens on it but I haven't looked recently to see how up to
date it is. I think Cormaic was maintaining that and he hasn't had any time
to himself lately!

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)

I think that in the end common sense prevailed, the logistics etc. as
well as getting accepted by the RHS would have been a full time job.
I would think that if anything like this was to rear its head again
then a show like the Malvern Spring show would be much better, they
are looking for gardens, and have virtually unlimited space.
But speaking for myself a show later in the season would be better as
May/June are my peak times.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries