Old 18-05-2007, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg Chris Hogg is offline

Default Hanging baskets brackets for lamposts

On 17 May 2007 14:46:48 -0700, La Puce wrote:

On 17 May, 18:18, "Howard Haigh" hh001c7439@$NOSPAMPLEASE
$blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Do the posts taper inwards slightly on the way up? I haven't ever seen it
done so I don't know if it would work but perhaps you could try a
conventional wall bracket and secure that with long (and sturdy) cable ties
though you might have to link a couple together to achieve the desired
circumference. Experiment due?

It's a good idea - I could put two wall brackets one on each side and
fix them together with cable ties. I'll experiment - I have until the
28th. Thanks a lot Howard. Any more ideas please chaps and
chappettes!!

Angle brackets secured with large Jubilee clips (the clips with a
helical screw-drive tightening mechanism). Get both at your local DIY
shed, the latter in the area where they sell flexible ducting for
connecting to tumble driers etc. Come in packs of two IIRC.

--
Chris