Old 19-05-2007, 02:57 PM
lucretia lucretia is offline
Registered User

Default Wind effect on Wisteria Venusta

I planted a wisteria venusta (silky wisteria) in my garden about a month ago. It's about 3 feet tall (bit of a novice so not sure how old that would make it), and at the time of planting had nice lush leaves and was starting to flower.

My garden is fairly exposed and we've had lots of rain and heavy wind over the last few weeks. The soil is clay-based so it retains the water .

The net effect on my wisteria is that all the leaves and flowers have gone - i.e. its gone back to branch. There's no branch damage - just a lack of greenery.

Could someone let me know whether:
- this is only to be expected
- I can expect any grow back this year
- I should be doing anything (pruning, fertilise, etc.)

Thanks for any advice provided.