Old 19-05-2007, 02:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill Rose Bill Rose is offline

Default roundup in the yard and garden

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"John Bachman" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 May 2007 15:11:50 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Ook" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone have any information on the usage of roundup in the yard
and garden? The information on the container indicates that it is not
toxic to most life forms. Other then eye irritation, it doesn't seem
to bother anything but plants, and even then it decomposes rapidly.
The bottle says you can spray, and then 3 days later plant a garden.

So - how good/bad/toxic is the stuff? Is it a good way to get rid of
unwanted plants, or should it be avoided at all costs?

Nobody can answer your question. No garden chemical can be properly tested
for human safety. You and your family are the laboratory rats. Go for it.

Nonsense.

Which specific information in my paragraph do you consider to be nonsense?

JoeSpareBedroom,
leave the man be. It must be reassuring to live in a world where you
know all the answers.

It reminds me of Donald MacDonald from the Isle of Skye, who went to
study at an American university and was living in the dorm with all the
other students. After he had been there a month, his mother telephoned
him.

"And how do you find the American students, Donald?" she asked.

"Mother," he replied, "they're such terrible, noisy people. The one
keeps banging his head on the wall and won't stop and the one on the
other side screams and screams all night."

"Oh Donald! How do you manage to put up with those awful noisy American?"

"Mother, I do nothing. I just ignore them. I just stay here quietly,
playing my bagpipes."

-------

Word to live by.

- Bill