Old 19-05-2007, 04:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nate[_2_] Nate[_2_] is offline

Default Advice on planting corn

..

---
Nate

First of all, how many plants are you considering?- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for the replies so far. Well I have two packages of corn.
Peaches &Cream and Silver 'n Gold 65. The Peaches & Cream matues in 85
days the other in 65. Te reaspn why I bought them is I was buying
potatoes, onions, tomatoes, sweet andhot peppers, cucumbers, mellons,
and a couple other things I am not remembering so I figued that since
I am planting a garden much bigger than last year (which was my first
"real garden" ) I might as well go ahead and get in over my head a bit
more. I have always wanted to know what real fresh corn tasted like
grilled or boiled a few minuted after picked.

But I don't want to screw the WHOLE corn thing up.

My garden this year is about twice the size as last year and that is
before the corn that isn't even planted yet.

Anyway The original issue was the spot that ha the best sun (at least
7 hours I belive) is on a small slope and I wasn't sure if that is a
good spot.

And after reading about the fish emulsion my fiancee' wants to know
if dog poop (hehehee) would do as a good alternative as we have two
dogs.

So any more input is greatly appreciated.