Old 29-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Frogleg

Default veggie garden question

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:08:32 -0600, "B & J"
wrote:

"John S. DeBoo" wrote in message

Hey, the bigguns have a use too. My wife makes a totally awsome zuccini

bread with
them. A hundred times better than banana bread but still not quite as

scrumptious as
fresh pumpkin breadsigh, not from a can.

I don't like the 2' long ones either, but I'll take any a foot or less long.
I had good luck raising them until I gave up when the squash borers did them
in before they produced. We use the bigger ones for pancakes that are
shredded and prepared in the same way raw potato pancakes are. They are a
lower calorie substitute and taste much the same.

I *love* zucchini pancakes, but will argue the low-cal mention. Maybe
because I serve mine with butter and Parmesean. :-) They also freeze
pretty decently (pre-butter and Parmesean, of course).