Old 19-05-2007, 02:40 PM posted to triangle.gardens
ncstockguy ncstockguy is offline

Default fire ants! Argh! Best treatment method?

On May 16, 9:46 am, wrote:
On 16 May 2007 04:43:04 -0700 in . wrote:

Where are you located? We haven't seen any fire ants here immediately

Fire ants that close? Well that's just peachy. None of the neighbors
have spotted them yet, but we will certainly keep an eye out. I
notice lots of fire ant-fighting stuff at Lowes, I suppose that's a
pretty good tip off that they're around.

south of Raleigh yet.. knock on wood...

Your part south of Raleigh.

There have been fire ant mounds in the walmart parking lot at the intersection
of tryon and kildaire farms for most, if not all of this century.
I'm in wake forest and get infestations (ALthough, looking at the distribution
the neighbor has them hitching a ride on his earth moving equipment).
I've seen well established mounds at the RTP campus I currently work at.
And IBM was starting to get mounds on their campus back in 2005.
--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up