Old 19-05-2007, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith[_2_] judith[_2_] is offline

Default Runner Beans

I've grown my runner beans in the greenhouse and have just planted out
(I know, there may be more frost - I'll wrap them in net curtains if
it's forecast).

They are quite long already - so I have had to wrap round the canes.

I always have difficulty tying them to the canes to get them started
self twisting. I've tied most with string - but as an experiment I've
fastened some of them with biodegradable sellotape - it was a doddle
to do - much easier than the string.

How do others do this?