Old 19-05-2007, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim Tyler Tim Tyler is offline

Default http://mulberrytrees.co.uk/

David Rance wrote:
On Sat, 19 May 2007 Tim Tyler wrote:

I've put together a 'mulberry trees' web site:

-- http://mulberrytrees.co.uk/ --

Very good. I like it. However you make propagation sound terribly easy.
I've tried propagating from my black mulberry for many years, cuttings
and seed, but have consistently had a 100% failure rate.

I haven't experienced any /serious/ problems with
propagation via seeds from fresh fruit.

I clean the seeds, bury them seeds under about 1mm of
purchased compost in the illustrated containers,
put them in a heated incubator and keep them moist.

Some seeds germinate later indoors without heat - if
left long enough.

I expect if I used cold stratification - and was more
religious about cleaning the seeds, soaking them and
using sterile compost - it would work even better.

I'm not sure what to suggest. Perhaps try different seed?
--