Old 19-05-2007, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default How much topsoil?

"R" wrote in message

"PeteIvy" wrote in message
Hi guys. Hope somebody can help me.

We are currently sorting out out back garden for lawn seed. Have dug it
over to a depth of about 6-8 inches. It formerly had a layer of shingle
on top of it which has been seived and removed.
We now need to put down some top soil but are not sure how much to get
and how thick it should be. The soil that has been dug over is a bit
sandy but apparently that won't cause a problem.
The garden is about 40 square meters.

Is that 40 square metres as in 40m X 40m

Wrong. That is 40 Meters Square = 160 Square Metres

or a total of 40m squared

See above

as in say 4m X 10 m?

which is 40 Square Metres

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk