Old 19-05-2007, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Leslie Leslie is offline

Default Runner Beans

Make sure that you wind the plants anti clockwise

........................Leslie

"judith" wrote in message

I've grown my runner beans in the greenhouse and have just planted out
(I know, there may be more frost - I'll wrap them in net curtains if
it's forecast).

They are quite long already - so I have had to wrap round the canes.

I always have difficulty tying them to the canes to get them started
self twisting. I've tied most with string - but as an experiment I've
fastened some of them with biodegradable sellotape - it was a doddle
to do - much easier than the string.

How do others do this?