Old 29-03-2003, 11:44 AM
Frogleg

Default Ivy

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:23:38 -0000, "mefromhere"
wrote:

Probably been asked loads of times before, but this is the first time I've
come across this newsgroup so apologies in advance. We have tonnes of ivy
growing on the ground around my plants (from the neighbours rotten trees) -
how can we possibly kill it all off without disturbing the plants and stop
any recurrence?

Check Google groups for 'ivy' topics here. It is almost impossible to
kill without pulling up/digging up. Its waxy leaves protect all but
the youngest tips from absorbing any kind of sprayed or 'painted on'
weedkiller. You can try cutting off and pulling up the stems from the
far side, and very carefully working around your plants. To stop
recurrence, be meticulous about pulling up intruders.