Old 19-05-2007, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default Advice on planting corn

On Sat, 19 May 2007 09:33:28 -0700, Bill Rose
wrote:

In article .com,
Nate wrote:

But I don't want to screw the WHOLE corn thing up.

Relax Nate. You will. Be philosophical and remember the learning curve.
At least it will be better than last year.

Forget the pet poop or honey pots (also known as pots de chambre). The
poop you want is herbivore, chicken or, even bat poop and that is the
straight poop. No doubt aboot it.

Corn and melons have the same needs, so you can plant them together.
Corn should be spaced 8" apart, melons 18" apart, so if you leave about
a foot clear around the melon in the corn patch, it should work out fine.

Bon appétit (das bedeutet Mahlzeit:-)
Anyone going to correct me?

Not this time, Bill, but you're still on probation g

Cultural note: As I understand it,"mahlzeit" is used more in Southern
Germany. The general usage is "guten appetit".

Persephone

- Bill