Old 19-05-2007, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default roundup in the yard and garden

On Sat, 19 May 2007 09:12:25 -0700, Bill Rose
wrote:

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

What a silly response. I pointed out that we know NOTHING about these
chemicals. If I had all the answers, I'd be happy to share them.

Silly? Me? Well, probably:-)

I was referring to John's apparent faith in the text of advertising
spewed out by Monsanto to separate lazy "Earth Killers" from their
money. Considering it took three years, AFTER the mutagenic properties
expressed themselves in babies, to get Thalidomide off the market

Thanks to a stubborn FDA physician named Frances Kelsey who bucked
officialdom and the drug companies; who knows how many tragedies she
averted!

http://www.fda.gov/oashi/patrep/nih99.html#kelsey

any wonder that if a product doesn't immediately strike you down stone
dead, it is registered as safe. Meanwhile, Monsanto has gotten an
injunction from the FDA against stevia (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia ), a plant the you can grow in your
own back yard, because using its' non-caloric sweetening properties
would cut into Monsanto's "NutraSweet" profits.

Not surprising. Monsanto is an international crazed capitalist (as
opposed to progressive capitalist) monster of Biblical proportions.
Somewhere in my back files of Mother Jones Magazine
there's an article about how they forced third world very poor people
to buy water from them -- whereas in the past, they could just get
it from their wells, springs and rivers. That seems like the ultimate
cruelty. If I find the reference, I'll post.

Persephone!

Like Donald McDonald, John doesn't seem to see the connection between
his actions and the environment around him.

Before anyone starts splashing chemical soup around their yard they
should look at http://www.oztoxics.org/cmwg/body%20burden/load.html .
The real problem is that MAYBE glyphosate is totally safe (and I'm not
conceding that for a second) BUT, does it work synergistically with any
of the other chemicals or mix of chemicals and, GMOs that are now found
in the environment in our post civilized world?

All I want to do is swim in the non-chlorinated end of the pool.

Is that the end where they can't tell if you,uh, YOU know...?

Persephone

Your buddy, the choir.

You can have the soap-box back now.

Go get'em JoeSpareBedroom.