Old 19-05-2007, 10:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill Rose Bill Rose is offline

Default roundup in the yard and garden

In article , Persephone
wrote:

Thanks to a stubborn FDA physician named Frances Kelsey who bucked
officialdom and the drug companies; who knows how many tragedies she
averted!

http://www.fda.gov/oashi/patrep/nih99.html#kelsey

Thanks for the citation.

Not surprising. Monsanto is an international crazed capitalist (as
opposed to progressive capitalist) monster of Biblical proportions.
Somewhere in my back files of Mother Jones Magazine

there's an article about how they forced third world very poor people
to buy water from them -- whereas in the past, they could just get
it from their wells, springs and rivers. That seems like the ultimate
That seems like the ultimate cruelty. If I find the reference, I'll post.

I think that is a reference to Bechtel taking over the Bolivian water
companies. They even charged Bolivians who collected rainwater. The
movie "Corporation" does a great segment on the affair. The Bolivians
revolted and chased the SOBs out of the country.

All I want to do is swim in the non-chlorinated end of the pool.

Is that the end where they can't tell if you,uh, YOU know...?

No I don't know. Could you tastefully elucidate your drift?

Hasta luego,

- Bill